15 December 2007

Nick of Time

It doesn’t happen every morning that you wake up directly into the class-room, finding yourself facing the entire 160 odd people who are still into their phase of REM sleep and a professor who is determined to make you sweat it out; but that was exactly what happened today.

4.30 AM – managed to finish the PPT slides for DAS (which stands for Decision Analysis Simulation) which were supposed to be presented the same day.

After finishing the formalities of morning ablutions, reclined back into oblivion or sleep as few of the MBA folk experience for 3-4 hours in a day.

8.30 AM – Get a call from my team-mate whispering “WTF are u ? presentation has started and your slide is coming up next *&^#$*&^#@$*@#&^$” along with a equally exciting sms in-case I hadn’t listened to his obscenities appropriately.

8.31 AM – Jolted from Xanadu back into reality, jump from the bed and rush across (luckily managed to put along the right combination of Shirt and Pants)

Reached across the Presentation room with six-sigma efficiency level as far as punctuality is concerned, exactly as my slide arrived upon the team’s presentation. (IF only it was a operations lecture, I am sure that the prof. would have given me full marks for utilizing JIT (Just-in-time) Toyota methodology to practical demonstration)

Unfortunately it was our Fin. Prof and his temperament and attention to details were as sharp as Rajinikanth’s punch lines.

Somehow, my over-efficient team mates sensing my punctual past has foreseen that I would have given the presentation a miss and had relegated my slides to the end of the presentation and with only 1 minute of time left, they reasoned they could put across general GYAN across them.

Unfortunately, for me and equally so for them I reached across…. Thankfully, just as I got on stage from my entry through the door; our prof. mentioned the lacunae of time; condescendingly (rather thanking god) I descended and our PPT just ended.

That was quite a quick entry from the Door to the Stage and back to our seats ;)

Thankfully, the Q&A session provided the much required grace, and sure I would get something above “D” grade.

p.s : Reclining on my thinking chair later on, I suddenly get a brain-storm of how a “REMINDER service” would be an excellent B-plan targeted towards B-Schoolers and also to over-efficient CxOs .

No comments: